Lend Lease, Bluewater’s co-owners and manager, is proposing to extend the West Village. An outline planning application has been submitted to Dartford Borough Council for a modest extension of up to 20% of the existing retail and catering space at Bluewater. The submission is available to view via the Council’s website or via the links below.
The Council is now beginning its formal consultation on the proposals, and will be contacting all relevant statutory stakeholders over the coming weeks. We anticipate a decision in spring 2013. The plans received a positive response from the pre-submission consultation that took place in autumn 2012. As well as a general opinion that Bluewater must continue to evolve, there was widespread recognition and support of the number of jobs that could be created, up to 2,300, as well as the other economic benefits to the community.
We welcome your comments on the proposals. If you have any feedback, please email email@example.com.
(01) Outline Application Form.pdf
(02) Design and Access Statement.pdf
(03) Development Specification and Framework.pdf
(04) Planning Statement.pdf
(05) Retail Impact Assessment.pdf
(06) Economic Statement.pdf
(07) Air Quality Assessment.pdf
(08) Flood Risk Assessment.pdf
(09) Ecological Assessment.pdf
(10) Transport Assessment.pdf
(11) Transport Assessment Appendices.pdf
(12) Sustainability and Energy Strategy.pdf
(13) Statement of Community Involvement.pdf
(14) Utilities Statement.pdf
(15) Preliminary Environmental Risk Assessment.pdf